I tend to think about this a lot because I come from a very unique situation. My parents both graduated from the same high school here in Jacksonville with very close knit group of friends. Even after some of them went to college and got married, they all remained friends. And now over 30 years later, after moving away and having kids, they are still all best friends. What is even cooler is that this special bond of friendship that they all share managed to get passed down to their children. All of the kids are now adults, some of them married themselves, and yet their bond still remains the same.
Being able to say that you have been friends with someone for 25 years is a big deal... especially when you are only 25 years old yourself. In this day and time, I think that it is very unique to still be good friends with someone that you have known since birth. Being a 25 year old myself, it is cool to think that I have been friends with this many people for 25 years. This past weekend, I was able to be reunited with these amazing friends, who I really consider more like an extension of my family.
The reason that all of us were reunited this past weekend...our friend Cami got married!
It was quite an honor to be able to see my friend that I visited in the hospital when she was born (I was only 3 months old at the time) get to walk down the aisle!



That's very cool. I don't know too many people who can say they have had the same friend, much less friends, for 25 years. I moved around a lot as a kid, and have never been a social butterfly, so I'm not even friends with people I went to college or high school with anymore, or even people I worked past jobs with. I think this is a pretty neat, and unique situation. Jealous!
ReplyDeleteI think about this a lot too because I grew up in a super small town where a lot of the kids parents had been friends for years and years. My dad went to school there but my mom didnt so I wasnt friends with any of those people but I have had some of the same friends since Kindergarten and I love how we know so much about each other and can get back together and act like we never left each other. Long term friends are great and I just hope my kids are friends with my friends kids.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is SO awesome! You are so lucky you got to experience your parents having amazing friendships, and you having amazing friendships with the kids! I definitely haven't experienced that... but would love it if my kids could have that!
ReplyDeleteI think about this all the time! So many of my friends have drifted apart since high school graduation, it's actually really sad! I still have a handful of friends that I am pretty sure will be super close forever (:
ReplyDelete