Friday, June 15, 2012

High Five for Friday

I just love this High Five for Friday link-up because I feel like the week is almost over and everyone deserves a high five on Friday! Some people deserve a high five to the face, but hey whatever...oh, did I really write that...oops :) Either way, congratulations on surviving another work week...high five!


Here are my top 5 from this week!

1. I am co-hosting an engagement party for our friends in July and I was in charge of doing the invitations. Of course I can't just go out and buy normal invitations; I had an idea in my mind and decided that I would make them all from scratch on my own. The invite as a whole came out really cute, I'm very proud of it...move over Martha Stewart! I will be posting a blog post soon on the whole DIY process behind these invites, but in the mean time...here's a little preview.


2. I had a breakfast date on Wednesday morning with my friend (and fellow engagement party co-hostess) MaryAnn to catch up and work on planning the engagement party for our friend. One of my favorite things about summer is getting to catch up on my girl time. I can't wait till I'm a stay at home mom like her and then we can do breakfast dates together all the time :)

3. Yesterday, my sister-in-law and I had a High School Musical marathon and it was awesome. When the DVD gave us the option of watching the normal version of the movie or the sing-along version, we opted for the normal version simply because we don't need the words at the bottom of the screen since we already know the words to all of the songs...sorry I'm not sorry. After the HSM marathon was over, we decided to continue the Zac Efron theme and watch another one of his movies while enjoying some Pizza Hut. Side note: I know I'm a married woman, but even I can't deny how ridiculously good looking Zac Efron is. Oh, and by the way this does not make me a creepy cougar because he is only 6 months younger than I am, trust me, I looked it up.

4. I am thoroughly enjoying doing nothing so far this summer. Technically, I've only been on summer break officially for three days, but it has been amazing. Getting up whenever I want, blogging, going to Target and Hobby Lobby, watching movies, reading, and just laying around doing nothing has been amazing. Sometimes it's just nice to have nothing to do at all.

5. Last weekend, I stayed at the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa with my mom and my aunt. Every June, we do a girls' beach weekend to celebrate the end of the school year. I love hanging out with them and doing nothing but pool, beach and cocktails. It is exactly what I need to kick off my summer!


Please pray that all this rain goes away, so that I can go to the beach this weekend. Have a great weekend and do something nice for your daddy on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Engagement Party sounds great!! Love the blog (and color scheme)!!

    Rachel
    onasundayafternoon.com

    ReplyDelete