These are my confessions...(cue Usher song)
1. There are only 4 days of school left. FOUR. But hey, who's counting? In case you might be wondering who is more excited for summer, students or teachers...the answer is teachers. Definitely.
2. Jared's best friend and his wife are currently pregnant with their first child, which has provided me with endless things to be excited about. Yesterday, they found out that they are having a girl and I was literally ecstatic. I knew Christina was going to the doctor that morning, so while my students were taking their final exam I sat on my laptop refreshing Facebook every 5 seconds waiting for her to post the news. Every time something new happens with their pregnancy, I get so excited that you'd think that I was the one having the baby.
3. I broke down and bought a yearbook for my school this year. I haven't bought one before, but since this is my 3rd year teaching at this school I figured that I should get one this year because it will have all my students from the past three years in it.
4. Since this is the first yearbook that I have been in since I've been married, I noticed that my picture in the yearbook this year is 11th from the end. Seriously? My maiden name was Adams so I am used to always being the first person in the yearbook...I don't like being so close to the end :(
5. My sister-in-law is moving in with us tomorrow! Just temporarily. She just graduated from FSU with her Masters in April and she wants to move to Jacksonville to get a job, so she is living with us over the summer while she gets things settled. Living in a dorm, apartment, and sorority house for so many years made me used to having female roommates around all the time, so I'm glad that I will be able to have one again for a little while.
6. Why is it that being able to wear jeans to work makes my day so much better? Everyday we have to dress business casual for school, but occasionally my principal allows us to wear jeans and school t-shirts. These days are by far my favorite. I have no idea why something as simple as wearing jeans puts me in such a better mood for work.
7. I am trying to cut back on my Diet Coke
8. Last weekend, one of our dearest couple friends got engaged. Finally! I am so excited for them. Weddings are my favorite :)
9. Sometimes I feel like people get discouraged when they go on Facebook or on other blogs because other people's lives seem so perfect. Well they aren't. People don't always post the bad things. For example, I'm sure it seems like my life is all rainbows and sunshine sometimes, but that's not always true. There are things going on in my life that I don't talk about on my blog because there are somethings I don't want to share, especially if they involve other people who I know don't want me airing their dirty laundry on my blog. Everybody struggles, I know that I do. However, I find that really focusing on the positive things in my life on my blog helps me to keep a more positive outlook on life and not get bogged down with the bad things.
10. I feel a little guilty when people ask me if I am going to teach summer school and I literally laugh in their face. Are you kidding me? Once June 7th rolls around, I do not want to see/interact with another child until August. I avoid children at all costs during the summer.



No comments:
Post a Comment