Monday, June 11, 2012

Mash-Up Monday

I tend to always have an abundance of random thoughts to ramble about on Mondays, so I'm glad that Mrs. Monologues created this link-up for people like me. Here is my mash-up of thoughts for your reading pleasure on this lovely Monday...


Celebrities
Hearts are breaking all over the world because Miley Cyrus is officially engaged to Liam Hemsworth. What a lucky girl. I know that people are giving her crap about getting engaged so young, but really, who cares. I got engaged when I was 21 and people say things to me all the time about getting married so young. Hey, when you know, you know, and if she knows that he's the right guy, then good for her.

Kate Middleton is my favorite celebrity in the entire world. She is the epitome of class and style. I would wear absolutely everything in her closet and I am just in awe of her. 

Television
I broke one of my own rules. I swore that I would never watch The Bachelorette, but my sister-in-law moved in with us and talked me into watching it with her last week. The worst part is...I hate to admit that I actually enjoyed it. Gross. I have only watched one episode of the show this season and I already want to push that Ryan guy off of a cliff. He sucks. I hope she gets rid of him tonight. But I'm sure she won't because he's probably good for the show's ratings. However, if she hasn't figured out by now that he is a terrible person, then she is an idiot. 

50 Shades of Grey
I spent this past weekend at the beach. Everywhere I looked, women were reading this book. On the beach, at the pool...women from 18 to 80 had their noses buried in 50 Shades of Grey. I'm only like half way through the first book and I guess it's pretty good. It keeps my attention and it's easy to read, but the writing is absolutely terrible. This women needs to fire her editor. I keep finding glitches in her story and character development, not to mention, the grammar is heinous. Maybe if I just suck it up and finish the book, then I'll end up enjoying it in the end. We'll see. 

Sports
I was very sad that I'll Have Another didn't get to run in the Belmont Stakes for the Triple Crown. However, the horse that I was cheering for (Union Rags) did end up winning the race! Apparently, I'm good at picking race horses. The woman that owned the winning horse was so adorable. When they showed her at the end of the race, my heart melted. I was so happy for her. 

The Miami Heat won on Saturday night. I really could care less about basketball, especially with those two teams. Double gross. However, I was hanging out with my aunt that night and she likes Miami so I'm glad that her team won. 

The only sporting event that I really care about right now is FSU baseball. They are doing really good so far...they are Omaha bound now and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they do well in the College World Series. 

Summer
I have two days of work left (post-planning days) and then I am officially on summer break. I have tons of things I want to accomplish around the house, books I want to read, etc. over the summer. I guess it's time to starting making another summer bucket list! 

2 comments:

  1. i haven't started reading 50 shades of grey yet. ha! i still haven't finished reading the hungry games. snap! i need to get back on board. good thing the summertime makes me want to read more.

    fun post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was upset about I'll Have Another too! I was so hoping he would get the Triple Crown.

    ReplyDelete