Friday, June 8, 2012

Confessional Friday

Happy Friday my loves! I am on my way to Vero Beach with my mom and my aunt for a girls' beach weekend. I simply can't wait to be in my lounge chair with a fruity frozen cocktail soaking up some rays. Until then, it's time to link up with Leslie for Confessional Friday.


Here are my confessions from this week...

1. For the past 3 weeks, I have been paying someone else to paint my nails for me. I do enjoy painting my nails myself, but it takes me a really long time to do it and I am really stressed out the entire time because I'm afraid that I'm going to mess up. With the school year winding down, I haven't had the time or energy to paint my own nails. Instead, I have been going to my local nail salon and getting them to do it. I don't get a manicure or anything, just a polish change. It's only $6 and it takes the guy like 10 minutes total to do the entire thing. My nail polish is perfect and it's lasting at lot longer than when I do it. So I think for now, I'll give up 6 bucks every week and a half for pretty nails.

2. I went a little crazy last weekend at Target. I went to Target initially to get space saver bags to store our extra comforters. I left with the space saver bags and a new pair of sandals. Oh, it gets worse. I went back the next day and bought two new bathing suits and two maxi dresses. Oops. Shame on me. Sorry, but Target has the cutest stuff and the price is so good that I just can't pass it up.

3. I started reading the Bible on my iPhone. My sorority sister Amanda joined this online Bible study thing called She Reads Truth. Her blog post about this got me intrigued so I decided to check it out. Let it be known...I do not attend church regularly and I probably haven't sat down and actually read the Bible since Confirmation in the 7th grade. Jared and I have been trying to find a new church that we want to attend regularly, but it is kind of a slow process. Thanks to Amanda, I am officially addicted to the "Soul Detox" reading program that we are doing via the YouVersion app on the iPhone. It is all about using God's word to help you rid yourself of all your toxic and negative thoughts. I absolutely love it.

4. School is officially over and I am so excited. I know by the time August rolls around I'll be ready to embark on a new school year, but right now I am so happy that I don't have to be at work. Honestly, I would be really happy if for a least the next month I don't have to interact with any children at all (especially middle school aged ones).

5. I am having a love hate relationship with the rain right now. I know that we need rain and I love how it makes my plants and yard look beautiful. However, having rain everyday is getting kind of depressing. Plus, it's summer now and I need to go to the beach!

6. My sister-in-law and I are totally planning on having a High School Musical marathon one day next week. She owns all of the DVDs (and yes, she is 25 and a total dork just like me)...this is why we are like best friends. I am really excited about it. So if you are interesting in joining the HSM sing-along that will be taking place in my living room, just let me know :)

Have a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Um, I'm relating to about EVERYTHING in your post right now! I agree I like having my nails painted FOR me. For me, it ALWAYS comes out better and it def. lasts longer.

    Target- I think I go crazy in there FAR too frequently. Need some toilet paper? Okay, I come out with new makeup, a new shirt, shoes and other random stuff....it's a trap for me!

    I, too, am looking for a church and it really is a process! I'm going to have to look into the app and the blog because that is SO what I'm in need of right now.

    Thanks for your post! I love it when I can relate with someone :) Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target owns my soul. I hate it but I love it. It always sucks me in too!! Have fun at the beach and drink one or 3 for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to check out the Soul Detox! I have that app so I need to check it out :)

    And I'm with you on Target. I go there at least once a week. Its a sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you're reading with us!! We have a new plan lined up after Soul Detox finishes! :o]

    xoxo
    Kacia

    ReplyDelete