Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wishes for Baby

I do not do registries. I know that people put stuff on a bridal or baby registry for a reason, but I like to do something different and creative. So when it came to picking out a baby gift for my cousin's wife's shower, I wanted to do something unique. Yes, this might have something to do with the fact that I don't know what to buy for a baby because I know absolutely nothing about what babies need...except cute outfits :) Since I was also one of the hostesses of the shower, I seized the opportunity to enlist the help of everyone at the shower in creating my gift.


I decided to make a scrapbook for Kristin and the baby to remember the shower and all the people who were there. Part of the scrapbook was created by me and the rest had to be finished at the actual shower.


The first page included the baby shower invitation


The next page had pre-matted areas to place photos from the shower


This page was the beginning of the "Wishes for Baby" section of the scrapbook. I reserved the first "wish for baby" for Kristin to write herself.


Disclaimer: I absolutely stole this idea off of Pinterest.


Every one at the shower filled out one of these cards for the baby with well wishes and good advice. Below is the template that I used.


I filled out my card first so that everyone could see what they were supposed to do. Modeling the process...yep, that's the teacher in me coming out. 


We had a little station set up at the baby shower where everyone could fill out their cards and place them into the scrapbook. I loved reading the advice and wishes that everyone wrote down. I thought that this would be a fun way for everyone to feel like an important part of the baby's life and a way for Kristin to remember the shower. Plus, I think it would be cool for the baby to be able to go back and read these when she is older.


This idea is also something that you could do at a shower in lieu of games. We didn't play any games at the shower, so this was an activity that everyone got to participate in. You can also send one of the cards to anyone who is unable to attend the shower and they can mail it back to the mom so that they are able to be included in the scrapbook even though they couldn't be there in person.

1 comment:

  1. I made a Wishes for Baby at my cousin's shower too & they were soooooo adorable. I loved reading what people put! I think it's such a perfect way to save something for your kid when they grow up! :) I love the idea you had of making a scrapbook too!

    ReplyDelete