Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

This past weekend, we attended a going-away party for one of our friends who is moving. We needed to bring a dish of some sort to contribute to the party, so we made a recipe that my sister-in-law, Erika, found on Pinterest. Together, her and I made these delicious cheesecake stuffed strawberries!


Here is how we did it...


Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries:
2 pounds of large strawberries
8oz. block of cream cheese
4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Graham cracker crumbs

Step 1: Wash the strawberries. Cut the tops off of the strawberries. You can cut a little bit of the bottom off as well if you want your strawberries to stand upright like the ones shown above. Use a small knife to hollow out the center of each strawberry. 

Step 2: Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. You can mix these ingredients by hand (but it's kind of difficult), so we used a hand mixer. 

Step 3: Scoop the filling into a piping bag (if you have one). I don't decorate desserts on a regular basis (because I hate dessert) so I don't own any. I just scooped my filling into a large ziploc bag and cut one of the corners off. 

Step 4: Fill the center of each strawberry with the cheesecake filling from your bag. 

Step 5: Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of each strawberry. You can also dip the top of the strawberry into the graham cracker crumbs if you want it to be completely covered. 

Your strawberries are now ready to be served and enjoyed! We found that they tasted better if you prepped them ahead of time and then let them sit in the refrigerator for a little bit before serving. 


2 comments:

  1. These look great and I've always wanted to try them!
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete