Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Go Noles, Go America

Jared and I spent the 4th of July holiday weekend in Ft. Lauderdale with our wonderful friends. It was the perfect mini-vacation and a great way to kick off the month of July.


We arrived on Saturday evening and were excited to find that the McGuires had some fun, festive gifts waiting for us. Christina and I got hot pink, cropped Ft. Lauderdale tees and the boys got patriotic frat tanks that said "Go Noles Go America". These outfits should have been a definite indication as to how the rest of the weekend was going to play out :)


On Sunday morning, the boys went golfing while Christina and I lounged around the house with our books. That afternoon, Mark and Christina hosted a cookout and pool party at the house.


My dear mommy-in-law even dropped by the cookout for a visit as she was on her way to pick up Erika from the airport!


The 4th of July itself started off with a yummy breakfast at The Floridian, which included mimosas of course. Then we decided to hang around the house all day rather than going to the beach. I'm glad we decided to do this because the pool was much more relaxing and a lot less chaotic than I'm sure the beach would have been.

We spent most of the day floating in the pool with our beers...


And then floating in the canal...


As the daylight disappeared, we climbed up onto the roof of the house to watch the fireworks show. We had a fantastic view of Ft. Lauderdale and we could see fireworks from all the different shows around town.


I hope everyone had as wonderful of a holiday weekend as we did!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I'm all about the floating around in the sun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete