Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tanning Dilemma

I woke up this morning to a beautiful day outside and decided that I wanted to do a little tanning. My tan has been fading recently thanks to all this rain we have been having. Now, begins my dilemma. Where do I want to do my tanning at? The options are: my backyard, the neighborhood pool, and the beach. Don't you wish this was the biggest dilemma you had to tackle on a Tuesday :) Become a teacher and you too can make hard decisions like this all summer long.

While all of these locations are perfectly acceptable places to get my tan on, they all come with their fair share of frustrations. Hopefully, by the end of this post I will be able to make a decision seeing as how writing out my thoughts always helps me in making a decision.

Option #1: my backyard. It is conveniently located close to air conditioning, a nice bathroom, a refrigerator, cocktails, snacks, etc. I also have a very nice lounge chair and a 6-foot tall privacy fence that goes all the way around my yard, so no visitors. Plus, I don't have to go anywhere. Just put on my bikini, walk out the back door and ta-da. The problems: there is not a pretty view, all I get to look at is grass and my 6-foot privacy fence, oo la la. Plus, my yard backs up to a woodland preserve so most of the time these large bugs like to come attack me which freaks me out and causes me to give up on my tanning and go inside.

Option #2: the neighborhood pool. My neighborhood has a really nice pool area with very clean bathrooms. I like going to the pool because they have nice lounge chairs and I have a pretty view of the pool and a big lake behind it. Plus, if I get really hot I can just jump in the pool for a few minutes. The pool is less than a mile from my house so it is pretty convenient. However, I can't bring cocktails to the pool...well I can but I have to disguise them. I can't easily refill my drink or snack without driving all the way home. And the absolute worst thing about the pool...there are children, so many children. First, I really don't like kids that much and I especially hate it when parents just let there kids do whatever and don't watch them. Like if I'm laying at the pool and your kid does a giant cannonball next to me, splashing water all over me, you need to do something about it. Plus, I deal with children for a living so the last thing I want to do on my day off is deal with children.

Option #3 the beach. Now, if you live far away from the beach you are probably thinking that I am insane for not automatically wanting to go to the beach all the time. Sorry but I have lived close to the beach my entire life so it really is not that exciting. I like going to the beach because it is pretty and I can walk up and down the beach and frolick in the ocean, etc. However, going to the beach is such a production. The closest beach is a 30 minute drive for me, so if I'm going to drive all the way there I need to make it worth my while. Meaning I need to bring snacks and drinks and a beach chair and a bunch of other crap. The bathrooms are usable but gross and there is lots and lots of sand. I really don't like sand very much. Then at the end of the day, I have to cart my sand covered self and my sand covered stuff all the way back home.

At this point I'm sure you are just wanting me to stop complaining about my pathetic dilemma because you are at work and you only wish that deciding where to tan was your biggest problem today. Point taken. So I'm going to go enjoy the sunshine now. Have a terrific Tuesday!

PS - I think I am going to go try my luck at the pool before all the children get there, they tend to not show up until after lunchtime. See I knew that writing all this out would help me make a decision :)  

4 comments: