Friday, July 22, 2011

Scrapbooking {Vol. 5}

My wedding festivities scrapbook is approaching a metaphorical "fork in the road" and I have a decision to make. Up until this point, I have scrapbooked all of our pre-wedding festivities except for our bridal shower (which I am going to work on this weekend). After that, the only thing left to do is our honeymoon. However, I have a decision to make...do I include the honeymoon photos in this scrapbook with everything else or do I create a completely separate scrapbook for our honeymoon? The original plan was to put everything, pre-wedding and honeymoon, into this one scrapbook. But looking at the scrapbook now, it's already pretty full and I still have the 4 pages from the bridal shower to put in it. Plus, I took a lot of photos on our honeymoon so it could probably stand on its own as one entire scrapbook. Oh decisions, decisions.

In the meantime, I scrapbooked the photos from my bridal portrait last night. I am going to pretend like my bridal portrait was part of the "pre-wedding" festivities even though it wasn't. My dress wasn't 100% ready until 2 weeks before the wedding so we decided to do the bridal portrait after the wedding. Well, you know me and my procrastinator-self...we didn't actually get around to doing the bridal portrait until the next April...11 months later, oops. But I won't lie, it was fun to get to wear my dress again a year later and prance around St. Augustine getting my picture taken. So for the sake of my scrapbook, let's pretend like this event was part of the "pre-wedding" festivities :)


Bridal Portrait photos were taken by Kris Graham Photography in St. Augustine, Florida.


My wedding dress came from Wedding Angels boutique in Roswell, Georgia.


If you would like to see the rest of the photos from the shoot, click here: Jacki Bridal Session. If it asks you for a password, type in "adams".


It's been over 2 years since I got married and I still have no idea what I am going to do with my wedding dress. I could preserve it, but then what am I going to do with it in a box for the next 60 years? I could sell it, but I don't know if I'm ready to part with it...why, I have no idea. It just sits in a closet right now, collecting dust. I might keep it until I have kids and then cut it up...I know, cut it up?!! You must be thinking I'm insane for wanting to cut up my wedding dress. However, my parents have a good friend that cuts up wedding dresses and makes them into little dresses for your daughter, like a christening gown or some other special occasion outfit. I mean, I'm like 5'10" so that's a lot of wedding dress material to go around. We'll see, the decision has still yet to be made, so until then I'll just keep it in my guest room closet and then everyone who comes and stays at my house can look at it and oh and ah.

Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your Bridal portraits look amazing! I would say to make the Honeymoon it's own scrapbook and if you still have space in that one it can become a collection of your travels together as a married couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I like your idea! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete